Friday, May 1, 2015

The Wicked (2014)

Also Known As: -
Year of first release: 2014
Director: Youngseon Yoo
Actors: Joo-hee Park, Soo-yoon Na, Mi-so Lee
Country: ROK
Genre: Horror, Thriller
Conditions of visioning: 29.04.2015, Teatro Nuovo, FEFF2015
Synopsis: Saeyoung is a new employee who eventually stands against Leesun, her stubborn team leader. Leesun is upset by Saeyoung's behavior, but she soon learns about ominous stories about Saeyoung.
Review: The plot of this movie didn't help me much in deciding to see it or not, so I just had to go. The beginning is rather original, showing the relationship between several office-mates, and the conflict between the boss and the new recruit. The most intriguing being the unpredictable actions by Saeyoung (why not putting my finger in the pencil-sharpener?!).
But after one hour even that became repetitive and I have to admit I rested my eyes for a while. When I came to, the movie had radically changed style and was pure horror without much meaning attached. Not one that I can recommend. 
Rating: 2/10

No comments:

Post a Comment