Saturday, September 21, 2013

Despite the gods (2012)

Also Known As: -
Year of first release: 2012
Director: Penny Vozniak
Actors: Jennifer Chambers Lynch, Sydney Lynch
Country: AUS
Genre: Documentary
Conditions of visioning: 14.09.2013, Sao Jorge Theater, MotelX2013
Synopsis: Jennifer Lynch braves the unmapped territory of Bollywood-Hollywood movie making, where chaos is the process and filmmaking doubles as a crash course in acceptance and self-realization.
Review: The movie follows Jennifer Lynch in its difficulties of making an horror film in India. Finally, the critic is focuses on the Indian without considering what Jennifer Lynch could have done better. This big part of the movie was not so good. There is a story about having her daughter around and this was interesting to me, because this was specific to the movie, to the combination Jenny Lynch and India. Thus my interest to this movie is very limited and I am wondering why this movie happened? Because of her last name?
Rating: 2 /10

1 comment:

  1. Now that I have seen Hiss, I remember about Despite the Gods. I find your rating a bit unfair, as this documentary is not badly done. I agree that Jennifer Lynch may not deserve to be a director or to be the topic of a movie herself, but I was interested by the presentation of the clash between the American and Indian ways of working. Thus my rating would be 5/10.

    ReplyDelete