Saturday, July 18, 2015

The Human Centipede II: Full Sequence (2011)

Also Known As: -
Year of first release: 2011
Director: Tom Six (The Human Centipede 1-3)
Actors: Ashlynn Yennie (The Human Centipede), Maddi Black, Laurence R. Harvey
Country: USA
Genre: Horror
Conditions of visioning: 18.07.2015, Bu-ray, Home cinema
Synopsis: Obsessed by the movie The Human Centipede, Martin (Harvey) abducts people in order to give life to his own sick dream.
Review: I watch nowadays much less horror and gore movies than I used to, but once in a while I like to see what's new. I can only recommend any of The Human Centipede movies to people who I know have the guts for it and can take it for what they are: attempts to shock. I found the first movie interesting (all relative to its genre of course) and not as trash as it could have been, but it does look cheap. Full Sequence also takes its time before showing you its worse, but when it does it turned out to be the goriest movie I have ever seen.
It is shot in a good-looking Black & White that fortunately attenuates a bit of the gore. The actor playing the main character (Laurence R. Harvey) gives quite a performance with his bulging eyes and fat belly that he shows when he is half-naked for half the movie. I also liked crazy secondary characters like the doctor looking like a pervert Charles Darwin.
The shocking part of the movie reminds of what was done in the 80's with exploitation flicks like Cannibal Holocaust. I will probably get my hands soon on The Human Centipede III: Final Sequence, to get a full overview of Tom Six's sick trilogy.
Rating: 5 /10

No comments:

Post a Comment