Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Blue Velvet (1986)

Also Known As: -
Year of first release: 1986
Director: David Lynch (Eraserhead, Mollholland Drive, A Straight Story)
Actors: Isabella Rossellini (The saddest song on Earth), Kyle MacLachlan (The Hidden, Dune), Dennis Hopper (Easy Rider, Speed), Laura Dern (Jurassik Park)
Country: USA
Genre: Thriller, Drama
Conditions of visioning: 04.03.2013, Blur-ray, Home cinema
Synopsis: After finding a severed ear, a young man will investigate on his own and discover the dark side of the small town he lives in.
Review: I always had trouble appreciating Lynch's cinema, but I wanted to try again thanks to this Blu-ray edition of Blue Velvet. The images are beautiful and the Blu-ray transfer is one of the best I have seen, so that one can fully appreciate the colors and the details of the small town.
The first half of the movie intrigued me, but then I got lost and a bit bored, when we start to get more and more involved with the strangest characters.
I am glad to have seen the movie, but still can't get submerged in the "Lynch atmosphere". I am rather looking forward to the release of A Straight Story in Blu-ray.
Rating: 5 /10

No comments:

Post a Comment