Friday, April 4, 2014

Captain America: The winter soldier (2014)

Also Known As: -
Year of first release: 2014
Director: Joss Whedon, Anthony and Joe Russo
Actors: Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Anthony Mackie, Samuel L. Jackson, Robert Redford
Country: USA
Genre: SF
Conditions of visioning: 28.03.2014, Cinemaxx 3D
Synopsis: Steve Rogers struggles to embrace his role in the modern world and battles a new threat from old history: the Soviet agent known as the Winter Soldier.
Review: I watched the movie because it had been proposed by a friend who wanted to see it and I wanted to meet this friend. Well, now I know why I do not watch this kind of movies by myself.
The story is good: piracy, international and historical conspiracy. The special effects are also good with the special weapons, the wing-man. The directing is extremely boring with no rythm, no interesting dialogues, no acting (Chris Evans has one face only). This is a pity, because the plot could have been directed very good. Well, the focus was more on the SFX than anything else.
Rating: 2 /10

2 comments:

  1. Indeed I was surprised that you reviewed this kind of movie before me! I have watched it on 27.08.2014 in Blu-ray on my Home cinema. I understand that you are tempted to give it a poor rating, but usually I rate this kind of movie one with respect to another. For example I gave 7/10 to The Avengers, 6/10 to the First Captain America and 5/10 to Iron Man 2. My rating for The Winter Soldier would be 5/10. Maybe you also missed the many references to other movies of the Marvel universe.
    The surprise of discovering the characters in the first movie has passed and Captain America definitely feels out of his time. The story is OK, we spend a lot of time with Nick Fury (Jackson) and the black Widow (Johansson), but some elements are really not believable (like Dr. Zola). The kind of 'twist' about who really is the Winter Soldier was predictable from the beginning thanks to heavy clues given to us. And the big conspiracy (I don't spoil anything by writing that) reminded me of I, Robot and X-men: Days of Future Past, i.e. a good idea but seen before.
    The SFX look good even though I found we didn't see the helicarriers enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK I stand corrected. I have just watched The Guardians of the Galaxy and wish to rate it 5/10, and The Winter Soldier was below that, so 4/10.

    ReplyDelete