Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Jackie Brown (1997)

Also Known As: -
Year of first release: 1997
Director: Quentin Tarantino
Actors: Pam Grier, Samuel Jackson, Robert Forster
Country: USA
Genre: Polar
Conditions of visioning: 14.03.2013, DVD
Synopsis: A female flight attendant becomes a key figure in a plot between the police and an arms dealer.
Review: I have been really disappointed by this movie. I expected something à la Tarentino, with good music, cool scenes and dialogues, because many friends talking good about it. And finally, nothing of this all. The basic story is good but the acting and the directing were lacking of rythm. I did not fell asleep, but I was not so far. Or maybe it was a bad day. 
Rating: 3 /10

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you are too used to the more recent work of Tarantino. From what I remember Jackie Brown was in quality midway between Reservoir Dogs which I didn't particularly like, and Pulp Fiction with which Tarantino accessed the fame we now know him for (even though Jackie Brown was shot third).
    It was also a great hommage to the Blaxploitation movie that I have since learned to appreciate like Foxy Brown of course, but also , Cleopatra Jones, Blacula and the recent comedy/hommage Black Dynamite.
    But I should watch it again in the near future.

    ReplyDelete