Friday, May 10, 2013

Iron man three (2013)

Also Known As: -
Year of first release: 2013
Director: Shane Black
Actors: Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Guy Pearce
Country: USA, CN
Genre: Action
Conditions of visioning: 29.04.2013, Schauburg, OV sneak
Synopsis: When Tony Stark's world is torn apart by a formidable terrorist called the Mandarin, he starts an odyssey of rebuilding and retribution.
Review: The movie does not know exactly where to go. Some would-like-to-be-fun dialogues, some starts of political statements. Nevertheless, a couple of good stuff, like the Mandarin appearing like an islamist and being actually a British actor Spoiler (highlight to read). The action is overwhelming the screen but for what? The old story linked to the current story makes it a bit more personal, but the character of Robert Downey Jr. is still stuck in his Iron pants. I would only recommend for those who like action but with nothing else to propose. The 3D may also improve the action effects. And I saw it without 3D :/ 
Rating: 4 /10

1 comment:

  1. I saw the movie in HD VOD on my Home cinema on 12.10.2013. As usual, the VOD quality (even if HD) is not as good as Blu-ray, so I regret not watching it in this format, and then maybe even in 3D as you advise. I was impressed by the scene of descruction of Tony Stark's house.
    It seems like you haven't seen the first two movies, because the comment that " The movie does not know exactly where to go. Some would-like-to-be-fun dialogues, some starts of political statements" is actually valid for the whole franchise! I cannot dissagree with this comment.
    But I actually found Iron Man 3 better than the second. It is of course not a wonder of cinematographic art, but at least they tried some new ideas like the "rebirth" of Iron Man.
    I had a good time so my rating would be 6/10.

    ReplyDelete