Friday, July 27, 2012

Inferno (1980)


Also Known As: -
Year of first release: 1980
Director: Dario Argento (Suspiria, Dracula 3D, Phenomena)
Actors:  Leigh McCloskey, Irene Miracle, Eleonora Giorgi, Daria Nicolodi (Deep Red, Phenomena, Opera)
Country: I
Genre: Horror, Thriller
Conditions of visioning: 26.07.2012, Blu-ray, Home cinema
Synopsis: A young woman in New York finds a book about "The Three Mothers" (three witches) and discoveres that one is supposed to have lived in the same building as she does. Several murders occur, until she calls her brother from Rome to the rescue.
Review: Although it looks like a classical giallo (Italian "thriller" from the 70-80's) from Dario Argento, I wouldn't call it his best. I don't find it as good as Deep Red or Suspiria, my two favorites. I liked the beautiful colors in the movie, typical red and blue shades of the giallo genre, very well rendered in this Blu-ray edition. The horror scenes are nicely done at the beginning of the movie, but less and less after the first half. The music is OK but not as good as the one the band Goblin did for the 2 previously cited movies. I am glad to have seen the movie, but it doesn't not leave a strong impression on me.
Rating: 5 /10

1 comment: