Wednesday, July 24, 2013

X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)

Also Known As: -
Year of first release: 2009
Director: Gavin Hood (Ender's Game)
Actors: Hugh Jackman (The Fountain, The Prestige), Liev Schreiber (Scream 1-2, Sphere), Danny Huston
Country: USA
Genre: Action, SF
Conditions of visioning: 23.07.2013, Blu-ray, Home cinema
Synopsis: The origins of Logan (Jackman) and his brother Victor (Schreiber), what they went through together and what will make them meet again in the 70's.
Review: After seeing three times and being excited by the trailer of the upcoming The Wolverine, I wanted to watch again this first spin-off to the X-men franchise in order to have a fresh memory of the character's background, and because I couldn't remember if the movie was any good. 
My overall feeling is that it is not as bad as the critics said. I rather found that it was a quite intense story and that it made a perfect link with the X-men trilogy. The whole background story with his brother is interesting, and wonderfully told throughout the opening credits. Liev Schreiber makes a believable brother for Logan and I loved his deep voice, perfectly matching the character.
I am very much looking forward to The Wolverine that I will go to see as soon as possible.
Rating: 6 /10

No comments:

Post a Comment