Tuesday, September 25, 2012

G.I.Joe: The Rise of Cobra (2009)



Also Known As: -
Year of first release: 2009
Director: Stephen Sommers (The Mummy, Van Helsing)
Actors: Dennis Quaid (The Day after Tomorrow), Channing Tatum (Step Up), Marlon Wayans (Scary Movie, Requiem for a Dream), Byung-hun Lee (I saw the Devil), Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Inception), Ray Park (Star Wars I), Jonathan Pryce (Brazil)
Country: USA
Genre: Action
Conditions of visioning: 23.09.2012, Blu-ray, Home cinema
Synopsis: The military corps known as G.I.Joe, gathering all the best soldiers in the world, has prevented a new weapon to fall into the wrong hands, but the bad guys haven't said their last word.
Review: I have seen the movie for the first time in 2011, and I keep on watching it by parts sometimes when I have half an hour to spare. Inspired by the famous toy line by Hasbro that all boy kids played with (or wanted to), I find the movie very entertaining and a pure product of shameless action. It is filled with bad guys who are really rich and bad, good guys who are really good and fight for freedom, high-tech weapons and gadgets, a race in powered suits in the heart of Paris, nanobots!!! Everything to please a geek like me. It is a bit like a James Bond of the megalomaniac period (like Moonraker) without the romance and the ego of the main character, or a Transformers without the slow-motions and the attempts to have a meaning deeper than what it should. G.I.Joe: The Rise of Cobra only tries to entertain you by throwing everything it can at your face, without pretending that it does art, and this honesty feels good.
Rating: 7 /10

No comments:

Post a Comment